influx

Friday, December 15, 2006

I need to rant for a minute..... I HATE PEOPLE CHEATING!!!!

We have a final that's take home and the teacher gave it to us in a sealed envelope that said, "open book, open notes but do it alone and do it in one sitting, 150 minutes." Maybe those are silly instructions for a take home, but that's not the point. The point is that I was in the CAD lab yesterday and there were 4 or 5 people sitting there discussing problems. I was like "you guys aren't doing it in 2 hours?" and they said "no its too hard. i've been working on it for 2 days. everyone's going to cheat so it doesn't matter." I was just like "I'm not going to cheat. fuck you." and I didn't. I sat down yesterday and worked on it for 150 minutes, sealed it back up, and crossed that class off the list.

I think that's one of the worst things about SEAS, how much cheating goes on and how no one seems to give a damn. At Barnard, you sign the honor coade and if you cheat its a big fucking deal. In the mech e department at least, people bring notes into finals, stare at their neighbor's test, and do take homes together and some how they think its ok. It's not!

After writing this, I was trying to figure out whether I'm a hypocrit. I have collaborated on homework, asked people questions on the final project last semester (which might have been questionable) and I plan to copy people's note for my lab notebook cause I haven't been taking data. Yeah I don't think any of is the same as blatently cheating on a final exam. Fuckers. It makes me want to hit them for being terrible people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home