influx

Friday, November 24, 2006

so pathetic

I am so pathetic right now. I'm sitting at my computer in medfield while my high school reunion is going on in boston. Right now. As I'm blogging. And I'm not going. This has been the worst evening I've had in a while.

It started ok. I drove in to Laura's at 5 and got a little lost. Not too bad. Lu helped me find her place in one piece. So it was nice. I got to catch up with em and katheryn o and esther and lu and plaudits. I didn't know a lot of what was going on with them.

Then at 6:30 I left to go to the airport. Karen's flight was delayed but Sarah was coming in around 7 so I was going to meet her and then go to the reunion. The first problem was with katheryn o's GPS. It seemed like a good idea at the time to let me borrow it but it wouldn't accept logan airport as a location. So we just put in the hamilton inn at logan figuring it would be close.

So off I went, following the GPS commands. It was only when i hit everett on the border of revere that I started to get worried. For non-Bostonians that meant I went from south of the city to north of the city with no clear way to the airport. Meanwhile, I am having a terrible time driving. Everytime I see anything move out of the corner of my eye, I picture that SUV hitting me. So I'm checking eight times before i change lanes, driving at around 40, avoiding left turns. Basically driving terrible and freaking out doing it. And it turns out that the Hamilton Inn at Logan is not at logan. Shit.

I finally made it to the airport and illegally parked. Karen is still in Philly so I try sarah a bunch of times. I finally get a hold of her and she's having as bad an evening as me; she was sick the whole ride back and for obvious reasons doesn't want to go to the reunion. Fine. I'll go by myself and meet up with lu and crew.

The mass pike, however, disagrees. It only wants to run east today. I can't get on 90 west. The GPS keeps yelling at me as I try to follow the damn detour though boston paranoid, jumpy, lost, and really freakin upset. I finally found it and only then realized that there is no exit for fenway going that direction. I can't get to the fucking bar where the reunion is. I'm freaked out, I'm crying, I can't even deal with the idea of finding parking near fenway. I wouldn't even be able to drink cause I still have my damn car. I just keep going west on the pike.

Which is how I ended up home at 9 pm feeling sorry for myself. Also my feet our cold cause i wanted to take a walk before i went inside but i had heels on so I took them off. Bad idea. They're still numb from cold. I'm entirly pathetic. Uncle Jerry just brought me some bailey's though. mmmm. I hate me sometimes. like now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home