influx

Monday, November 20, 2006

wooohoooo!

I've been afraid to post about it for fear of jinxing myself but now I can. I have my first job offer!!!! They called like 15 minutes ago. I was freaking out all morning because I had the interview friday and I thought it went really well and I've always been able to tell so far, but I was still nervous so I was freaking out all morning until they finally called. The conversation started like alot of the rejections ones I've had "we enjoyed talking to you friday and we think you have a lot of good experiences..." but then instead of saying "...unfortunatly we will not be able to extend an offer to you" they said "...and that is why we would like to offer you a position for next year" !!!! The salary is competative but a little bit low so I'm hoping I get another job offer and then i can go back to the company i like and say "hey can you match this?" and then they will and it'll be awesome. God I'm so glad that interview went well; it had so much potential to go badly because a) I slept through my alarm, b) when i woke up it had suddenly turned into, ummm...a bad time of the month and c) a sea gull almost shit on me while i was waiting for the interview. like it landed 2 inches away from where i was sitting.

In other news.... well i have no other news. That is my big news. This weekend was a lot of fun especially the warrior-poet party where I did not eat 5 packages of pringles because after i ate one i couldn't look at them without wanting to puke. that party was so funny because people were acting ridiculously drunk but it was off of food and not alcohol. And then we took forever getting back to manhattan cause we went the wrong way on the A and tao had to go outside to pee at 14th st.

The theme of this week has been gluttony between the all you can eat sushi wednesday or thursday, the warrior poet party friday, the fake thanksgiving saturday and my suitemeates and i went out to symposium yesterday to mourn Drew's lost rhodes scholarship. I guess its ok cause i haven't gone grocery shopping in a very long time.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Gabi said…

    yay! Congratulations!

    Now, go buy a townhouse in Brooklyn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home