influx

Monday, November 13, 2006

blah

This isn't worth posting on the newsgroup but sometimes people make me so angry. Last year, all I heard from the guys team was "why don't the women post?" "why don't the women come out?" And no matter how many times I explained that the newsgroup was a pretty hostile environment and that none of the new women really wanted to meet the men, partly for that reason, people kept yelling at me everytime i went out: "where are the women? where are your rookies?"

This year, the newsgroup is totally new and therefore not hostile and look what happened? Women have been posting and women have been going out. Huh, I wonder how that happened. So why do some of the guys want to bring it back to last year's environment? I'm not that easy to offend and I don't really care what people say about me, but I don't understand why the guys can't see the connection between having a decent social life on the team and not being assholes on newsgroup. Look, this year the rookies want to be part of the team and meet the men. Last year they ran away from the men screaming and only socialized at women's only events. Maybe I will post this. But then Berger will just yell at me for not having a sense of humor.

In other news, I have resolved to:
a) stop talking about the country of Uganda or any resident therein so I don't bore my friends to tears.
b) start looking for other jobs not in consulting cause I've pretty much given up. All the rejection is really starting to wear on me. The first couple I didn't mind but gradually, one "fuck you" at a time, its starting to get to me. Bridgespan especially was a harsh rejection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home