influx

Thursday, October 19, 2006

After some interuption, I'm back. You can blame Dan for my slackerness. He visited me last weekend so I spent the week before trying to finish everything before he got here and the last couple days freaking out with the amount that I still had to do. Doing absolutly no work Friday, Saturday and Sunday can really kick you in the ass. It was really fun though and we did a ton of stuff all over NY. He'd already done the tourist stuff so we got to do fun things.

A brief list
Moma
St Patricks Catherdral
Greenwich village (all of it)
Magnolia Bakery
Coney Island
Brighton Beach
Prospect Park
Brooklyn Bridge
Upright Citizens Brigade

In addition, we got drunk at McSorleys for goose's b day, had bagels from H&H, carved a pumpkin that is going to be delicious pie very soon, and saw The Departed. It was great to get out of morningside heights for a while and it was really nice to see him. I think I freaked him out a little by how much of a student I am. Dorms and signing in and twin size bed and classes makes me seem a lot younger than I did in Seattle when I was a real person. Oh well, its not my fault he's old.

Oh and Rutgers was this weekend. I'm really glad I went sunday cause we beat rutgers and I hate them and it was a really close game. And I think we could have beat NYU too if things had gone slightly differently.

Also I've started getting interviews. I met with one company last friday and even though I'm pretty sure they're huge tools and I never want to work for them, I got a second interview. I'll probably go too just to get an offer. I've got another one tonight and another tomorrow morning, both with companies that I'm more interested in. I need to practice interviewing and cases a little bit to make sure I don't blow it. I want as many job offers as possible. Especially the one Friday cause they have a non-profit division that sounds awesome. I was really proud of myself cause one company called me and I called them back. That doesn't sound like a big deal but I am so terrified of calling people.

Karen and Sarah are coming this weekend which means I'm crazy busy trying to finish things before Friday. I did most of machines and controls but I need to finish those and do linear and CAD so I can relax for a couple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home