influx

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So this is the first week that has actively sucked in terms of school work. I had two problem sents due today, one yesterday, one the day before and tommorrow I have two group projects due and an exam. And of course there's a million other things that want to eat my time. Like more cover letters and buying new cleats and returning people's phone calls and getting my computer fixed.

I guess I'm not even stressed cause I know stuff is going to get done and its not the end of the world if it doesn't. It just makes me tired.

Yesterday's practice was a lot better which is good and I had a lot of fun playing at Yale once we got there. Club sports is such a pain in the ass though. We did everything we were supposed to do to ensure that we would have a van ready and waiting for us at 6:30 saturday morning. And then it wasn't there. So I'm stuck explaining to 16 girls who dragged their asses out of bed on a Saturday morning that we have no way of getting to New Haven, except a combination of squishing into two cars and metro north. Once we got there though, we played pretty well considering the amount of rookies. Personally, I have to stop throwing it away but i did have a couple nice lay outs including one that I had to kind of twist my body backwards to get to.

Last friday was a career fair so I hit that up hard core. I mostly found a lot of companies that I thought I wanted to work for that it turns out I don't. But there were one or two that sounded really good and you never know what'll turn up. I got my internship last summer through a job fair even if it was indirectly. And that company wasn't even the one I was most interseted in at the time. I did look pretty snazzy in my suit too.

Oh saturday night my suite through a party, my first real party ever where you buy lots of alcohol and see who shows up. It was awesome. We had a ton of people from different groups and they were all mingling and having fun. And then we got shut down. At 12:30. By security. Apparently there were lots of alums on campus for homecoming so they were shutting down everyone. They didn't seem to care how loud we were or how many underaged people were there. They just said they had orders to shut everyone down. Which totally sucked. The rest of the night kind of went downhill. I'd been awake since 6:30 and while I loved seeing leora, steve was pissing me off and I hadn't even had time to enjoy the party cause i'd been signing people in and buying mixers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home