influx

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's harder to post when you don't have a computer. Not that I don't still spend most of my day sitting in front of one but usually I want to get in and out as quick as I can. Not that that's always possible with my valve group, but with them I have to act busy. Eunji said that either she or someone she knows can fix it for me which would be absolutly amazing. Right now I have all my files (cover letters, resumes, etc) saved on the computers in the CAD lab so they're fine but I already spend way too much time in the CAD lab. It's such a mech E hang out though so its alright.

I've spent most of this week going to employer presentations and applying to jobs. It's a full time occupation right there. Maybe someone would pay me to do that. I've done some school work too but so far nothing's been really hard or stressful. The machine shop was a little annoying today cause we kept finding out that our design couldn't be manufactured. Copper is a bitch to work with and we're working on a pretty small scale and we don't know what we're doing so basically, we're fucked. Oh well. I have fun messing around with the power tools, as long as no one expects good results.

Dan's coming to visit me in two weeks or so. That's pretty exciting. I didn't expect him to actually go through with it. You know how people say "yeah I'll totally come to NY" but they don't actually mean it. It should be a good time.

Oh and I could kill club sports. Why would you give a 15 person van to the sailing team and the hiking team when the sailing team only has 6 people going and you don't know how many people are going for the hiking team when the men and women's frisbee teams both submitted rosters of 15 people? And why would you give us such a hard time about it and not confirm our reservations ever. It's such a little detail until we end up walking to yale.

What else it going on... I don't actively hate any of my classes which I consider a real blessing. Some of them are actually kind of cool which is unexpected. I can get through this semester I think and hopefully by the end of it, i'll have a job so I'll be more relaxed. I'm still wicked psyched about non-profit management consulting, but even if i don't make it work this time, I'll get there.

I'm less lonely now that i've settled into classes. Not happy all the time, but living next to elizabeth helps and i've been trying to hang out with people more. me and goose still have to watch the rest of shalin soccer.

That's my week/life in a nutshell and next week will be more of the same. More job searching, more school. Lots of the deadlines are in the Oct 2 to Oct 7 range so that will be fun.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Gabi said…

    Yeah, I am NOT walking to Yale. If anything, I'll make Brian get down on his hands and knees and ride him like a pony.

    And no, that was NOT meant to sound dirty.

    Thanks for the t-shirt. Sorry, again, for barging into your room =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home