influx

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

eek

Being at school defietely brings out my anxiety. I always have a distinct feeling that I'm missing something. Also, I don't trust Columbia to have my back. I knew at Barnard that if I asked my adviser something, she would give me the correct answer and if she said I was fine, then I was fine. Here, no one seems to know anything so I'm in constant fear that I'm forgetting requirements or misunderstanding something. I have three people that I can talk to about classes and they all know less than 1/3 of the story.

Columbia makes everything harder. Even opening a mailbox in Lerner is a huge deal. Despite the fact that there are at least 70 people that I know who need to open one this year, and 10 people I know that have ALREADY opened one this year, the people in mail services treated us like it was some new and uncomprehensible problem. I don't see why it is such a confusing request, but they've treated each person to ask as if it was the first time they had ever imagined that someone could ask for so much.

I'm still trying to figure out classes too. I have 4 or them all set but I need one more and I can't decide whether to knock off a tech elective or do something fun and trust that the tech electives next semester will both interest me and fit into my schedule. Those two things seem to be mutually exclusive this semester.

Practice last night was a lot of fun though. I hope more returners come out but I had a good time with the ones who did and the rookies who might or might not stay. I need to work on my throws hard core though.

Anyway, I have to stop stressing out when I have nothing to stress out about. Only things I need to do is figure out that one extra class and find a job for this semester. And find a job for next year. But I have about a week before recruiting really starts for consulting. Just enough time to update my resume and focus my search a little more. And apply to the Peace Corps. Ok maybe I should stress out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home