influx

Monday, August 21, 2006

counting down

Down to my last four days in Seattle, and in true nicki fashion, its filling up fast. Tonight alone, I'm going climbing with Morgan and Ben, then me and Ben are going to grab dinner, then I'll probably hang out with Dan. Tommorrow Brett's coming up from Portland for dinner and then I have a semi-finals game. Ahh! I'm excited about all of it though.

This weekend had its highs and lows. I went to a tournament north of Seattle. Our team brought kind of a random group of people, so we played pretty badly which is frustrating. Also, my knee was hurting and then in the second game on Saturday I rolled my ankle so hard that I could hear it crunch. But strangly enough, it was that foot that started hurting really bad after that, like the whole buttom of it had a huge cramp. It was really slowing me down which pissed me off which made me play worse. By some strange chance, we won all our games Sat but lost them all Sunday, as we deserved to. It wasn't fun to play this weekend, not with that injury and that group of people.

So my team's play was a low. But at the same tournament, some of the best men's and women's teams in the country were playing. We're talking Furious George v Sockeye and Riot v Fury and tons of other really awesome teams. They were so much fun to watch. A huck would go up and you'd think "there's no way he can get that" but then this black streak would chase it down and layout in the end zone for the score. And that wasn't even a little bit unusual.

I am not ready for this summer to be over. Not even a little bit. But I do miss my friends and family, the ones I haven't seen in three or four months. I'm looking forward to seeing them. But I hate saying good bye to people here. I mean, I can't exactly say "see ya later" cause chances are, I'm never coming back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home