influx

Monday, July 24, 2006

sooo hot

Holy shit, the one day of the year that the AC is not on super-high in my office, its more than 100 out. In fact, the AC is broken so its over 90 in the office itself. My boss took us out for ice cream this morning which was pretty sweet, but I still have hours to go, and there's no AC in my house either. I'll probably go straight to a beach after work. Karen should be calling me soon, I hope, I hope.

This next two weeks I'm just going to have a ton of visitors. O Malley and his gf Jocelyn are here now until Wedneday when they leave and Sarah comes and then the week after, my mom and mara are coming though not together. It's going to be busy.

Me and Mike and Jocelyn went camping this weekend, up to mt. rainier which was beautiful. All in all, it was not a well designed trip. First, Other-Intern-Ben and his gf were supposed to come and then they bailed, so the three of us left Saturday morning, but of course the park was crazy busy so we didn't get a site on mt rainier and it's kind of a lot of driving so we were all a little cranky. But we found a really nice site in a national forest not too far off so it all worked out. We spent the evening hanging out at the campsite, playing with fire, finding a stream to stick our feet in, and watching a fight next door.

The next day we drove for a couple of hours through around mt ranier to get to sunrise where we wanted to hike. That hike really made everything worth it, all the driving, all the messing around trying to find campsites. We started our hike around 7000 feet up surrounded by alpine meadows with a great view of the mountain and we did around a 5 mile loop. It was gorgeous. I can't even discribe. There were parts where there was snow on the trail even though it was 80 out and we were walking right along the edge of the mountain. I really want to go back and spend some real time there.

Camping with Mike and Jocelyn was a little weird I guess because for the first part at least, me and jocelyn each kind of wanted the other one not to be there. But by the end, we kind of made friend. We have a lot in common. Like a lot. I think she started off disposed not to like me cause i think mrs. o malley was telling her bad things. Mrs. O malley REALLY hates me. But while I did feel like a little bit of a third wheel, and its hard for me not to flirt with o malley cause i've been doing it for 8 years, by the end, I think we were all pretty comfortable. I was at least. She seems like she's good for mike. They went to so many cool places together on this road trip and soon they'll be biking through germany. I am jealous of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home