influx

Sunday, July 16, 2006

marathon

So yesterday, after I got back to the office from playing frisbee, this guy on my team sent me an e mail asking me if i wanted to go kayaking with him the next day. I've got no plans for this weekend, so I say yeah, of course. Well, then he wants to pick me up at 10 AM, which is fine with me. Normally I have to get up at 6:30 for work and it's always nicer on the water earlier.

So we go kayaking, then we head to the space needle cause neither of us have been there but we don't go up cause its ridiculously expensive (brunch at the resteraunt is a minimum of $45 each) so we grab lunch in Pioneer Square. Then he takes me to the Seattle Public Library which sounds lame but its an awesome building, like crazy construction and lots of windows- really impressive. I, of course, noticed that the amount of glass would make cooling it difficult and checked out the air vents in the floor. Stupid mech e job. After that, we walked along the water front for a while and saw some guys jump off a pier, looking like total red necks. Then its wicked nice out, so we go to the beach on one of the lakes, actually not too far from my house, and go swimming and dive off a float and look at mt. ranier and then we go back to my house to chill. He stuck around until around dinner time and then took off.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but that's like a weeks worth of dates right there, all in one day. That's what happens when you start too early. How do you know when its over? I mean, I had a lot of fun cause all of those activities are totally up my alley and he's a pretty cool guy. Like I had no problem hanging out with him for that long, but I don't even usually go on dates. I just hang out with people and then either stuff happens or not. So I felt a little out of my element. I wasn't even sure that it was a date, but I think it felt like it. And he paid for kayaking. That makes it a date, right? Either way, it was a lot more fun then the nothing that I had planned for my saturday.

Next weekend, O Malley's going to be here and then the weekend after that Sarah, and then the weekend after that, my mom. It should be a lot of fun. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all of them. I'll go to Victoria with my mom and hopefully camping or to mt ranier or both with O'malley and jocelyn. Sarah I'm not sure about yet. God this summer is going fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home