influx

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

good day

It's been a good day today and I'm not sure why. Maybe because work wasn't as stressful today as it was yesterday and I actually felt like I was doing things right. Maybe because I found out that I get monday and tuesday of next week off and paid! Or maybe because I got to talk to a bunch of my friends today. Or because I had a good run. Or because it is so nice out. Or because the chicken coop is finished and the chicks are so cute. They run all over the place and they totally have their own personalities.

This weekend was also pretty awesome. I went down to a tournament called LogJam in portland. Actually that's a lie, it was south of the city. But anyway it was so fun. It was my first camping tournament ever. I bought a cheap tent at target on thursday cause I didn't want to have to rely on my charm and stunning beauty to get me shelter for the night. =) It was a hundred degrees during the day but it really cooled off at night so sleeping in the open was not at all an option. In reality it was way too hot to play, 94 Saturday and 99 on Sunday but i'm glad I did. I liked the team I ended up with and after we all got used to each other (it was mostly pick ups) we played pretty well. Well enough to win the B pool which is good enough for me. The really good teams there were really impressively good.

The party was cool too cause they had hurricaines out of a barrel instead of just beer and it was right at the camp site and people were really friendly and actually dancing. Like they had a DJ out in the middle of a state park. And I stole a disc. Cause people were playing this game where you have to knock cups off a stick (I got pretty good at it), and I was watching when a disc came flying from way across and hit my drink. It only hit my drink because I put my arm up just in time; it was coming at my nose really fast. Anyway no one came over the claim it and when I turned it over, it said "nicko" on the back. That means its mine. I met a lot of cool people too which is good cause my team for next weekend is older so I won't be able to party with them so much.

So now my biggest excitement is trying to figure out what to do with my two days off. I really want to take a kayaking whale watch tour. They go from the San Juan islands and its like 70 bucks for 5 hours and I think it would be so fun paddling around the ocean looking for whales. I have to figure out how I would get there, how much it would cost, and whether anyone would want to go with me (anyone = roomates, rachel, or ben, the other intern at work. though I guess I could ask dan, the guy on my team i was chilling with all weekend). I'm also ok with going by myself. Or maybe I should save that for when o malley's here. Ben also invited me to hang out with him and some of his friends for the 4th so i might be going to his girlfriend's brother's friend's cousin's something something something's lakehouse. Which could be cool. Or awkward. Or both. So i might not have time for that and potlatch and kayaking.

I really don't have any money right now. And not like when I usually say that. Ususally I leave myself a nice cushion of money i just don't want to spend. Now, with work being so slow at paying me and having put out for rent and plane tickets and work clothes, I really have very very little. But when I was in italy I didn't go certain places or do certain things because it would have cost me a little extra and now i regret it. I don't want to leave seattle feeling like that.

Anyway, I've already had my high days and my low days here and today is a high day. Hope it lasts. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home