influx

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Counting down

So after an extended road trip, I'm back in Medfield. Well, the road trip wasn't that extended. Not like the one I passed up or like the one O Malley's planning. I'm so jealous of him right now. He and his girlfriend are road tripping for a month and then biking through Germany for a couple weeks. So jealous. Cause I want to travel but I've done the travel alone thing and next time I go some where I want to go with someone. Preferably a significant other but friends work too.

Anyway, the point of that paragraph is that I spent a really long weekend (Sat - Wed), first in Philly with Karen and then up in our cabin in the Berkshires with Leora. That cabin looks really good. My parents have put a lot of work on it. It was a good trip and totally worth doing. Cause I won't get to see either of them for a really long time unless I fly back for Karen's graduation which doesn't look like its going to happen right now. She and Jake seems so settled and their friends are so settled. A bunch married and some of them with houses. I'm glad my friends are all over the map and not settling down so there's no pressure on me yet. But its always nice to spend time with her.

Me and Leora are expert relaxers so we had a nice couple days lounging. We even managed to start the boat and take it out and anchor it and lounge there. I'm especially proud of the fact that once we got the boat to go, we also got it to stop. All of these are major accomplishments since we really had no idea how to work this machine. Turned out it worked a lot like a lawn mower. My dad was very impressed with our ability though most of the credit goes to leora.

I now have tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday to finish cleaning my room, buy the work clothes I need, pack for an entire summer, go to a graduation party, watch my brother graduate, hang out with my family, and say so long to my medfield friends. And right now I don't have a car cause two of ours failed inspection. Grrr...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger SHA said…

    Let me know how it goes once you're all settled in Seattle!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home