influx

Sunday, May 07, 2006

panic inducing

Contra-contraception

Its a long article but worth reading if only for how scary it is. There's one particular paragraph that describes father-daughter dances where he gives her a ring that symbolizes her sexual purity and her intention to save her virginity for her husband. Goddamn there's so much wrong with that. If you want to stay a virgin until marriage that's fine with me, but I don't want to live in a world where a woman's sexuality is handed from father to husband and sex is state controlled. How regressive is that? How can you be against condoms in a world where millions of people a year contract HIV or against birth control in favor of the seven children per household model? One of the signs of a developed country is an ability to regulate population. I'm so scared of the strength of the conservative movement in this country right now.

In other news, I finished my car jack yesterday afternoon and have done nothing since. I decided I deserved the day off. Tommorrow I'll start studying hardcore.s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home