influx

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Goddamn I studyed all the wrong things for lab. I literally couldn't do two out of four questions. I have got to get my act together for heat transfer and manufacturing. I can't afford to blow those finals. I'm no good at in class technical tests. It just takes me too long to think through a problem. Like I need days.

I was also thinking about the lessons of NSOP such as they were as far as relationships go and the number of personality conflicts I had to work though. It's a good thing we had rules of engagement. Especially all the times we had to practice giving and recieving critisism. I think my best/worst moment was when someone told me "whenever I talk to you, you have this blank look on your face for the first 10 seconds. Makes me think that you think I'm retarded or something." That was my thinking face, goddamn it. I had to spend the rest of the summer practicing saying "that's an interesting idea, give me a moment to think about it"

People are so rarely direct with me. With anyone I guess. My friends would tell me if I was wearing something atrotious but I would never find out if I had some severe personality issure that bothered them. Of course if it was really that serious, they probably wouldn't be friends with me. We have such a positive society. I wonder if that's a new thing because of the amount of mobility we have (you can choose friends who like you) or whether that's a historical constant. If you lived in a small village, would people be more likely to point out your faults cause anything you didn't change they had to live with? Or would they just grit their teeth and ignore them in an effort to keep the peace? One thing I think is constant is that everyone is their own standard for appropriate behavior and can only tolerate so many deviations from themselves.

I hope I can manage in Seattle. I have a feeling I'm going to be really retarded at my job for at least half the summer. I wonder if they'll help me learn or just give me dumber and dumber jobs until I can do them. That would be annoying. But not every workplace is as touchy-feely crounchy as SDA/ Columbia. I think I'll be ok though. At worst it'll only be 12 weeks.

None of that made a lot of sense. I just finished an soul-crushing final and now I've got to study for my next too. I looked in the mirror today and noticed that dark black circles are not my most attractive accessory. On the positive side, I had a canolli today for lunch/ dinner. Those things are awssome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home