influx

Sunday, May 14, 2006

freaking out

So against all advise, I was planning a road trip with Steve. I think it would be fun cause he's a good driver, willing to be flexible around my plans, and all about the activities. But now I'm totally freaking out. I want to go on a road trip. I've never seen this country and I don't know when I'll have the chance. But if I do go, I'll only get to spend about 5 days at home with my family for the entire summer.

May 17th: graduate
May 19th: fly to Chicago for a lady's weekend with my mom and cousins
May 22nd: back to MA
May 23rd- June 1st: road trip
June 5th: fly to Seattle for the entire summer

I just don't think I can do it. I'm already kind of upset that I won't get to go to the cottage or camping with the Ashcrofts for the first time in my life ever. But to not have anytime at home to see Shelby and Sarah and Karen if I can swing it or go to O Malley's graduation party. I just don't think I can handle that. I'm going to get homesick enough over the summer. I just feel really bad about flaking on Steve cause he's going to start work in July so this is his only chance.

It just sucks though cause I had told steve I wanted to (which I do) and we've been talking about it for a while and planning out options, but it didn't even hit me what that would mean until we started looking at airline tickets (cause we didn't have enough time to drive all the way out west and we were thinking of flying into denver and going from there). So it hit me last night right before I went out and all of the sudden I was just like I can't deal with this. My mom would kill me if I went. She flipped when I went back to the city for one day to see Stoops; "what you can't spend 4 days with your family? Are we so aweful?" And she liked Stoops.

This dilemna put me in a really terrible mood but I went out anyway which could have been really bad but ended up fun. I think the Irish guy made my night. I went up to get a pitcher for us and there was this group of Irish guys and one of them, a really tall skinny one, insisted on carrying our pitcher over and then presented it to us on one knee. It was hysterical. Then a couple minutes later, he came over and grabbed my hand and started swing dancing with me in a really crowded bar while his friends laughed at him. It was so incrediably random and really fun. Even after the Irish left we had a great time singing to bad 80s music and acting out scenes from Dirty Dancing. I usually only have an ok time out with just the Barnard girls, but last night was really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home