influx

Friday, June 09, 2006

you really gotta buy into the whole office working corperate schtick or it really kind of looks ridiculous. All of these grown ups running around talking about "deadlines," mumbling into their excel sheets, and going to training sessions on printer use. Its so childish. And I'm working in an office that does real work, work like keeping buildings up and making sure that they have electricity, heating and plumbing. The end product is useful. But the process just ends up looking silly. Honestly. After a week, I've decided that I don't ever want to be like that unless I get to manage my own products and be my own boss and the projects are something that when I think about, actually sounds worthwhile. Building buildings comes close but its borderline.

On the plus side, the office went kayaking this afternoon and then we had margeritas. That was a lot of fun. And tommorrow I don't have to get up at 6! I think I'm going to do some serious exploring. Tonight I really want to go see a movie but I'm not sure how motivated I am. Moderatly motivated. But all is still going well and ultimate starts next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home