influx

Monday, July 03, 2006

ultimate obsession

This weekend was Potlatch which was pretty cool, but I missed the columbia crowd a lot. The first game we played was against an oberlin alum team and I was playing with the older people and i was so jealous of oberlin. I really wanted to be there with goose and tao and gabi and mara and ben and sai and people i know. It would have been so much fun to be there with a really good group of friends. It was still cool but I missed people. My team is nice but they're all in their 40s and not my real friends. But i did run into dori looking for a team and she played with us. Which turned out to be fun cause she can run all day and it was nice to find someone i knew and knew how to play with.

It was a pretty alcoholic weekend overall. Teams give gifts to their opponants after each game. My team gave pinatas with candy but every other team gave alcohol so I had punch and jello shots and G&T and a car bomb, all while playing in 90+ degree heat. I held up pretty well considering. The party turned out to be more chill than i expected but fun all the same. It was outside at Red Hook brewery and people were just chilling and talking. Though I did play some flip cup and the beer did flow like water, but I kept it pretty sober. Danced some, hung out, then went home and hung out with kylan for a while until i was ready to go to bed.

Also as a random thought, ultimate can make guys sexier. Like playing in a band can make them hotter. I met this one guy last weekend and we chatted for a while but he had long hair and i didn't think he was that cute. But then we played his team last game on sunday and goddamn he looked hot. Last point of the game he layed out in the end zone for a score and i was like shit man, if i had seen you play before the party last weekend.... =) Squara would have liked him, long blond hair.

I have today off which is awesome. Paid too. I've been doing errands and sleeping and stuff. Which I haven't got a chance to do in a while. Tommorrow I'm going out to a lake house with people I don't know which could be fun but I'm sure there will be no fireworks anywhere near as good as boston's which are about as good as they get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home