influx

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

books

Besides hanging out, watching trashy TV with my roomates, making cookies, supervising chicken coop work, actually working, running and playing ultimate, I've also spent a lot of time reading. The guy I'm subletting my room from has a lot of books, mostly philosophy so I've been going through some of those. So far this summer (3 weeks), I've read:

The Boondocks Anthology
A Civil Action- about Woburn, kind of an Erin Brokovich type story
When We Were Orphans (re-read)by someone Ishiguro
A Passion Dream Book (re-read) by Whitney Otto
Until You Come Back (the newish John Irving)
The Red Queen: Sex and Genetics
Epidemic- about teen sex and STDs, really scary
A Long Way Down- by Nick Hornby the guy who wrote High Fidelity
Snow- about turkish fundamentalists
The Selfish Gene
Old School- not related to the movie
Winnie the Pooh- currently reading

I think there was at least a couple more too. Next I'm going to try to steal House of Mirth from Rose, the Barnard '06 english major who moved into the other room who I managed to never take a class with and I don't know how that is possible. I need to hang out with her but she's kind of shy and she hasn't really been around much. I guess she's studying for either the MCATs or the GREs pretty hardcore. Tori, one of the other roomates was reading something by the guy who wrote Into Thin Air that looked pretty good. I might try to steal that. Or finally read the Aenid (I can't spell) which is the only book in the lit hum cirriculum that I haven't read. God I'm bored right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home