influx

Thursday, August 17, 2006

so anyway...

What I was trying to say before I lost my brilliant post somewhere in the depths of the internet is.... damn, now I don't remember. It's hard to find time to blog when your only internet access is at work. By the end of the day, I just want to get the hell out of here so fast. And when I do stay, its because I'm working to make sweet overtime pay. But I've done a lot since my last post. I'm only in Seattle for another week which is making me really sad because I've had an awesome summer. Just in the last two weeks I've...

1. Bought crab legs and made a delicious meal
2. Went up to Victoria in Canada with my mom and did all of the cultured stuff that I wouldn't do with my friends like look at gardens and museums and have a wonderful high tea at the Empress Hotel
3. Went to a firing range and shot three different guns including a Glock that somehow cut my hand.
4. Saw salmon jump up a fish ladder
5. Went to a company picnic and taught 4 people how to throw a flick, two of them were even successful
6. Ran a lot. and well. I've been able to do like 5 or 6 miles at 8 minute pace pretty easily which makes me happy.
7. Saw Henry VI at a Shakespeare in the park thing
8. Had several amazing meals including one at a really fancy resteraunt. I looove good food.
9. Got totally and completely drunker than I've ever been before with my roomates playing a drinking game for So You Think You Can Dance? So fun and so miserable the next day.
10. Played a lot of ultimate though not as much as I'd like. The other day I went down to the fields but it was all dumb mens teams practicing.
11. Hung out a lot with Dan which has been a lot of fun cause we do cool things get along pretty well. Situational friendships are so strange and yet, I seem to aquire so many of them.

See that's a lot, right? On the more mental side, I've worried about my brother, though not as much since I talked to him and made a five year plan for my life.

Speaking of that....for the first time, I'm not sure I want to do the peace corps or go have an adventure after I graduate. I've really enjoyed working full time and I'm finding myself drawn towards stability. Its freaking me out. I've never wanted a perminant home with a steady job and paycheck before in my life and now I do. Is this really me? As an extension of that, I am dreading going back to school. I'm not good at engineering, I have to take so many classes, and I just know I'm going to be a terrible ball of nerves the whole time. Sometimes I wish I had quit last spring. But its too late now. I'll have to make the best of it and it will give me plenty of time to really think about next year. And try to deal with this stability craving. Maybe they have drugs to cure it and get back my wonderlust. It could also be a factor of how long I've been away from home without my friends and family. As much fun as I've had, its hard to be away for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home