influx

Friday, August 04, 2006

So my computer officially doesn't work. Oh well. I'll deal with that when I get back to the east coast. Until then, I'll just suck resources from the office. Mmmm internet.

I rode on a motorcycle last night! First time ever. One of the guys in my office asked me to play soccer with his team, and of course I said yes. He came in later and was like "bad news... my car's broken. But I do have a motorcycle." I was like "that's GREAT news." It was kind of scary hanging on the back cause I couldn't tell how much room there was on the seat behind me and everytime he accelerated it felt like I was sliding backwards. But after a while, I got the hang of it and he was a really good driver. Soccer was fun too, but the highlight was really the ride there.

I also made pie yesterday. Well, actually they were crisps with lots of berries, but they came out really good. So tonight after my mom gets here, we'll have crab, salad, good bread, wine and then crisp. It's going to be good. And yesterday, at lunch we went up on top of a 50 floor building and saw the Blue Angels, these F18 (?) fighter planes do crazy tricks practicing for seafair this weekend.

This could be kind of a tough weekend. Not that my mom and I don't have fun stuff planned cause we do. But she's going to ask me about Eric and I don't know what to tell her. Me and mikey were talking about it and neither of us know what to do except beat the crap out of him. We can't MAKE him not be depressed or stop smoking up a million times a day or make friends or not have torn his ACL or stop fucking up his life. Maybe my parents could force him into therapy (threaten to stop paying for college or something) but how effective is that going to be? People don't turn their life around because you yell at them. And my mom would flip out. I'll probably end up telling her more than I should cause I always do and then she'll just worry more than she already is. The whole situation is just so frustrating and I'm so worried about him. And angry with him. Why can't he handle stress without self medicating and self destructing?

More on this later, I'm sure cause its very much on my mind. But for now, I have to get back to work. I need to talk to karen soon I think.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger SHA said…

    What's going on with Eric? I'm sorry to hear he's not doing so well.. :-/

    But, in response to your comment that you can't force him into therapy - my parents made me go when I was depressed and lost and took that semester off. I didn't want to, and I was really skeptical, but in the end, I think it helped. So it might be something to consider.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home