influx

Saturday, August 26, 2006

and I'm back...

For a little while. Until my battery wears out or I fall asleep. My cousin Robin took my out for a drink at the bar that overlooks the Pacific Ocean which probably would have been prettier if it wasn't so dark. Anyway I'm staying up a little longer when I drink water so that when my little cousins isabelle and brianna storm my room at 8 tommorrow morning, I'll be ready.

I'm feeling let down. I wasn't ready to leave Seattle. I was having fun. And I was busy. In the last week, there were plenty of days when I was running around til 11 or 12 at night, but running around with fun stuff. And all of the sudden I'm not busy in the same way and I'm just tired. Today I went downtown in San Fran to the museum and I could barely get the energy to walk through it. I also haven't figured out how much I'm going to miss people. There were a lot of people I really liked, but it was only three months. How much does it really matter?

I guess I've been kind of avoiding talking about Dan with any kind of specifics mostly because i don't know how much he matters so me. That's a weird thing to try to objectify. But really, he asked me out about a month ago so no matter how much time we spent together, it was only a month. I didn't get that attached. But at the same time, you always get attached at least a little. We spent Wednesday together, going to pick up at microsoft and then dinner and then we went to see Little Miss Sunshine (awesome movie, by the way. Almost as god at snakes on a plane =)). Yesterday, he drove me to the airport and then when my flight inexplicitly got cancelled, took me out to breakfast. He's great, we have a good time. But at the same time, I know that we wouldn't have worked long term even without the moving thing. It was interim. I don't know.

I probably shouldn't be writing all that in semi-public. I guess I'm a little tipsy and trying to sort things out. There are just so many people that you can like and so few that you can love. Sometimes its hard to wait for the latter when the former are there to keep you happy. Or happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home