influx

Sunday, September 03, 2006

New York

I'm back in the city. Moved in yesterday in the middle of what felt like a hurricaine. It was so windy and rainy and gross out. Luckily today is nicer. I was moved in pretty early yesterday cause I insisted in getting her by 10 AM. I thought the process would be much harder and take a lot longer but it turned out to be fine. I spent the rest of the day unpacking and catching up with people.

It is so strange to be here without my Barnard friends. I mean I like frisbee people and engineers but the Barnard group was the one I relyed on. They're the ones that I could show up in their suite and do absolutly nothing. They're the ones I could call if I was bored and just wanted to grab a coffee with someone. I don't like not having them; it makes me feel alone.

I was so happy in Seattle almost all of the time. I think I'm going to have to work on that in New York. I don't know what the difference was but I have to figure it out. Cause I'm already feeling so let down being back at school. So I have to figure out what was making me so happy over the summer and how I can keep it up even as classes get hard and things get busy. I think one difference was that I didn't have to go to parties or interact with large groups of people. I would do specific activities that I wanted to do with one or two people that I liked. That's something that I can recreate in New York. Cause honestly, with some exceptions, parties kind of depress me. So that's one thing I can do- grab coffee with Alex, go climbing with Ben, do some exploring with Elizabeth, chill with Brian and Jake. Call up people I wouldn't normally call up.

In other news, I helped Karen move in last Friday and I love their new place. It's right on a lake and its so much cleaner and brighter and not student ghetto fabulous. I just have to figure out how to visit them easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home