influx

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's nice to be home on th correct coast. I got in last night after a solid day of travel. I always forget how much I hate planes and plane travel. But it all went pretty smoothly for a change. Between my Seattle-San Fran flight getting cancelled and the San Fran-Sacramento train running 2.5 hours late, I was worried that there was some kind of transportation curse on me. And I'm an only child again cause eric's still in DC and Mikey moved up to UVM. First time in 20 years.

I had a really great time in Sacramento. Amy and Jon's house is a lot like mine in that, there were a lot of people wandering in and out, mostly friends of Kylie and Emily. That kind of atmosphere makes me really at home. Kylie's 13 years old so watching her and her friend reminded me so much of me and karen at that age. She was also in a play so I got to see her preform and it made me miss all my drama years and drama friends. Me and Amy and Emily had a good time shopping too. Me and Amy found me a nice suit and Emily had me try on the most sparkly dresses she could find. Emily is 9. It was fun. Then we went and got free stuff at all the make up counters. Amy's husband Jon runs a travel store and I want everything in. There are so many cool bags and gadgets.

Speaking of travel, one thing on my massive to do list for this week is Uganda. I need to sit down and seriously look at how I'm going to make that happen. Plane tickets are between $1300 and $1600. I have enough money right now but I'm going to have to stay on a very tight budget during the year. My biggest weaknesses are eating out and drinks so I really have to cut back on those. I also need to find a way to make around $50 a week. Obviously more would be nice but I don't think I can afford more than 4 or 5 hours a week. So I'm trying to brainstorm creative ways because most on campus jobs won't train seniors. It's not worth their time. So if I can cut my spending and earn some cash, I can do it.

Alright I should probably get back to the rest of my to do list. A brief excerpt....
get haircut
pack
sell textbooks
e mail advisor
catch up on frisbee stuff
call sarah
finish excel sheets......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home