influx

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

home

I voted today. Did you?

I'm home for another half hour or so and then I'll head back to new york and face the two midterms and one interview that I've got coming. Hopefully I'll be able to study on the bus.

I'm glad I came home for break. I needed the rest and it was nice to see Karen and Sarah at least even if I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to. And my parents. It was nice to see my parents. It's so weird how big and empty our house is now with all of us off to school.

They reacted to my travel news better than I expected considering I promised my mom I would never go. Well actually their first comment was "Bring a lot of condoms." Exact quote. My parents are weird. Today, my dad talked me through a selection of the things that could go wrong, which isn't such a bad thing. I do need to consider all the possibilities.

Besides thinking about that, I've spent the rest of the break either playing ultimate or thinking about ultimate. I really enjoyed the tournament a lot. The first day I was getting really frustrated cause sometimes when we're losing, I try to play for the whole team. Not for real, but on every point I'm concentrating on what everyone on the field should be doing which makes me play worse and makes me yell more. Not good things. We shouldn't have lost a couple of those. But there were so many people and we haven't played that much together. I had a lot more fun Sunday when we played all our rookies. They're so good and they were having so much fun. And our sophomores really stepped it up too which is awesome. Spring's going to be amazing.

I have a computer now, on loan from my parents. That's going to be nice to have. Of course now I'm never going to be able to do work in my room again. But I won't have to live in the lab either. I'll take that trade off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home