influx

Sunday, October 29, 2006

oh man

This weekend was a little nuts. Karen and Sarah were in town which was awesome. We just went from one meal to the next and hit up basically every corner of new york in between. Midtown for the cheese resteraunt, Soho for the shopping, Canal street cause I got lost, east village for the peanut butter resteraunt, the Met cause karen had never been. All in on and off rain. That was a lot of walking. My favorite was probably the Egyptian temple in the Met. I don't know how I had never seen it before but that whole room is amazing and huge. Oh and rocky horror picture show was fun but it made me feel old.

I have mixed feelings about the Halloween party. On one hand, I thought my costume was amazing (great idea, anne) and it actually was a really decent party with a lot of people. And I really enjoyed the old person party afterwards, especially since frisbee people and engineers seem to mix pretty easily. But on the other hand, I felt like I kind of dragged karen and sarah there so I felt bad. Until I had more liquor and then I only felt bad when I remembered to. It's not the kind of night that the three of us usual have. Which is strange cause I guess it reminds me how different the three of our college experiences were/are, where our high school experiences were so similar. I never would have thought that I'd turn out to be the party person out of the three of us. I felt like we were more back to normal today when we were just chatting.

I had stuff that i should have done today but I did almost none of it. None of it is really that urgant. This sounds terrible, but I wish I had more to do sometimes. When I have this much time, I get lonely. When I'm busy I don't remember to be lonely. When you've got a boy (or girl I guess), you have someone to fill in the spare minutes or call if you get bored. You have someone who wants your time. I don't have that right now. I have to fill my own spare minutes.

I think by the end of the week I need to decide whether I'm going to uganda in january or may. There are pluses and minuses to both. I'd prefer January, cause its closer and cause I don't know what might be going on in may. But if brett's not allowed visitors or to leave site in january, I don't want to put her in an awkward situation and make her break the rules. I should call her this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home