influx

Monday, March 26, 2007

This past week (last week I guess) went by in a blur. Not in a good way either. A couple of hours after my last post, last monday Jen called to tell me that Tracy's mom died. It was the worst news I'd heard in a long time. Every time I thought about it, I thought about how I would feel if it was my mom and I broke down. I think all of us were upset for tracy, yes, but also for our own families and the inevitable future.

The funeral was aweful. I'd never been to one that had such raw emotions. I was so young when my grandparents died, and it seemed natural because they were so old. My aunt jo's death was long expected, and the memorial services I've been to have been a little time after the death. This was the day after and she died suddenly. The family had no time to process and the ceremony was so intense. Standing outside at the burial, listening to dirt fall on wood was one of the worst sounds I've ever heard in my life. Afterwards me and turtle. and sarah went to V&T and sat for three and a half hours decompressing and catching up and arguing with a little old italian waiter about our order.

I spent most of the rest of the week completely losing track of all of my classes and driving up to westchester. Sarah was already in from seattle, anna flew in from tucson and sheera from LA. It's strange to think that that's how we're going to be from now on; we'll get together for weddings and funerals and not much else. Despite the circumstances, it was good to see everyone.

Friday and Saturday the family was shabbatting it so they weren't accepting visitors but I still ended up in westchester both days, friday to check out IBM Fishkill with aron because he's working there over the summer and saturday to go golfing. It turned out to be great that I had a car this week because I wouldn't have been able to get up to the funeral or the shiva so many times without it, but I'm glad my mom took it back. It's a pain in the ass to find parking.

In other news, Saturday night, 5 members of the frisbee team got written up by the cops for 3 seperate offenses. And we got kicked out of a bar. That was ridiculous. I hadn't even wanted to go downtown cause I had just been down there having dinner with my mom, but I'm glad I did. I also gradually worked up to telling my mom that I'm going to ireland with aron. Well, I didn't exactly tell her but i dropped hints that I might so it won't be so much of a shock when i tell her that i have tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home