influx

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I've had surprisingly little internet access for the past week or so, first because I was at a tournament and then because aron kept his computer at work all week and then because I went up to rocester for a wedding this past weekend. I'm still in the city until we get the couch from tammy's apartment to aron's tonight, but I went to mudd to steal some internet. The point is i'm not sure where to start....

ommegang
In general a fun tournament because there was camping and beer involved and because we had a 3 hour bye in the middle of the day and we went swimming in a lake. That might have been the highlight of my weekend. Levitation holmes can be frustrating because there doesn't seem to be a clear concensus on what kind of team we are. My summer league team knows that it's casual so people play more relaxed, move the disc fast, and take every player for what they are. Parts of levho want to be competative and parts of it want to relax and i'm not sure that the two parts are ever going to agree. Also we hold the disc too long.

monday- thursday
I kept very busy for someone who was a total bum. I had lunch dates every day and babysat max every afternoon and then played frisbee 3 days out of 4. Max might be the cutest 4 year old I know. He kept me busy though and I had a lot of explaining to do...

him: where did the universe come from?
me: people disagree and no one really knows but scientists think that there was a particle a long time ago that exploded into the universe.
him: where did the particle come from?
me: umm.... no one really knows. some people say god made it.
him: what's god.
me:.......::::oh shit:::::.......

a couple days later....
him: when the particle exploded, there were people in it, right? really little people?
me: well first there was nothing then there were animals then there were monkeys and people came from monkeys
him: (points at 2 blind people) why do those people have their eyes scrunched like this? (scrunches nose up)
me:........

Yeah so I had a good time hanging out with the 4 year old. Aron was working really long hours so after wudi I'd pick him up in yorktown and we'd make dinner. I was pretty domestic this week all around. It was nice to be in the city with not much else to do so i could see people and play frisbee and climb. Oh and I talked to leora and tracy and there's officially no place in new york that we can all live and afford. I'm screwed.

Friday-Sunday
Friday aron took off work and we drove up to niagara falls cause he had never been. It was still pretty impressive but I've seen it a couple times. It was a long drive and then we had to go another 2 hours to our hotel in rocester and then another 45 minutes to the groom's house for a pre-wedding party. One of his friends from undergrad was getting married in east bumfuck upstate.

The wedding sucked. Not to be mean but it was just about the opposite of any wedding I would ever have. The ceremony was very catholic and focused entirely on the community and god and very little on the couple. The bride was spazzing out up there. There was an awkward amount of time between the wedding and the reception. The reception was at a tacky place in a strip mall and involved a buffet and bad meatballs. On the upside, it did have an open bad and lots of dancing. But mike lui's wedding is basically my new standard for really good weddings and this came no where close. Aron's friends were all pretty cool but he hasn't kept in touch with a lot of them so i got to listen to a lot of mildly awkward conversations. All in all it was a pretty good weekend, but not how I would ever get married.

So now I'm back in new york, looking up apartments on craigslist and getting depressed. I'll probably drive back to MA tonight after couch moving. Tammy's just giving away this sweet black leather couch so i'm taking it. screw charity. But i don't have an apartment so aron gets it. lucky guy. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home