influx

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Our wind turbine almost works. It's so exciting. We have it all assembled and we put in front of the wind tunnel. First we got it to turn just on its own, then we attached one chain sprocket system and had to deal with the friction of that. Then we attached it to the generator and had to make a bunch of adjustments before we got that working. When I left, it was still able to turn with some resistance on the motor but not enough to power anything. Either way, I think we'll be able to fix all the problems before tuesday when its due, and the whole thing looks so pretty. We also seem to be way ahead of most groups which is reassuring in kind of a mean way. even if we do get it working, it will still only be under really artificial conditions.

I'm all the way done with one class. Turning in the wind turbine will mark the end of another class. Then I've just got two more to knock out, fluids and econ. Neither should give me much trouble, though the trip to Virginia Beach over the weekend might cut into my studying time.

I really don't want to go to the scrimmage tonight because my sholder hurts from climbing yesterday. I'm glad i went cause it gave ben and i a chance to argue a bunch of things through, but i was reaching for one hold over an overhang and i think i strained something a little bit. I'm also starting to worry more about the meetings friday. honestly i have no idea how its going to turn out or what's going to go down and i don't like that feeling. I have a sense that everything will resolve itself tomorrow and i'll feel better once its resolved. Still, i'd like to have a hint of what the outcome will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home