influx

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Fucking Harvard. Fucking Yale. We played four games up at yale yesterday, and surprisingly enough I enjoyed most of them. I mean, I usually enjoy playing but we lost every game and I don't enjoy losing. But every point was hard fought and seemed like it could go either way; it just usually went to the other team. I don't know what it will take to get this team to the next level, where you go from saying "oh we played so well. I wonder why we didn't win." to actually winning. I feel like we've been on the brink of that for a long time but i don't think i'll be around to see the tipping point. More experienced and more intense people, i guess. An attitude that's a little less forgiving of missed practices and consistant mistakes. A team that expects itself to win.

Anyway all that is not why harvard sucks. Harvard sucks because after we had read the bracket ("columbia plays at 1 30") and called the yale captain ("yes you guys play at 1 30"), harvard dropped out of the tournament and yale had to reschedule everything so we were supposed to play at 9 30. Yale sent us an e mail last night but we didn't check that e mail address last night. So we had no idea until they called gabi this morning asking where we were and whether we could get from new york to new havan in a half hour. No, no we can't. And if you're only guarenteeing us one game if we do ask our coach to get on the subway for an hour, gather all our girls and get to yale in three hours, we're really not going to make the effort. Which sucks cause we paid 275 for the tournament.

On the other hand, I do have a lot of work I should get done today and last night I got distracted and watched the painted veil instead. That's a really good movie. I totally recommend it.

Oh and I lost my room key somewhere in new haven. I don't have a good chance of finding it so I guess columbia's getting another 50 from me. booo.

On an unrelated note, I've decided my tolerance for drunk people has gone way down. Friday I was at a party with aron and one of his friends had brought a girl. The two of them were out together for the first time and the girl got so drunk that she puked in a gutter. Disgusting. Yes there was good liquor at the party, yes, she was asian, and yes, guys were encouraging her to drink. But honestly, you have to know your limits and you have to tell people to fuck off if they try to push you. Which is hypocritical of me because I've definetely bought people drinks that they probably shouldn't have had (this week even). But I'm beginning to wonder whether I should be worried about my friends. Drinking and puking and passing out and doing things you later have to apologize for (I've had apologies from two friends this week alone for drunk behavior)....at what point does it become a problem that should be dealt with and not a source of entertainment at parties?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home