influx

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I don't know why i'm so tired and headachy today. I thought it was the ridiculously strong epoxy fumes this morning but I was like that before I started gluing air foils. The epoxy was kind of cool though. You mix these two componants and then you have almost exactly and hour to use it before it hardens in to a red useless ball. Which we thought was funny when we read it on the directions, but it literally heats up and then solidifies within 30 seconds when you're over the time limit.

Anyway, that's not really important. I think i'm just coming off an emotional let down. There's been so much drama this week both on a personal level between the team and Henelopen and on a bigger level with VT stuff and the journalism student. I think it just wears me out. Like you get a rush of adreneline from dealing with "emergency" meetings but then when that dies down, you're just tired and worn down.

Sectionals was the same way. I got so hyped up for it, rutgers in particular and then it all just fizzled. Actually I don't feel so bad about that because I feel like I played my best and it wasn't good enough. That sounds like it should make me feel horrible, but i think it's worse when you have a tight game where if you had played a little better, it would have made a difference. Nothing I did would have made a difference. I was also really happy that my parents came out to watch and really happy that aron came up and really happy that they all seemed to get along and we had a nice dinner. My dad was having a great time talking strategy and zone. My parents seem so happy these days. aron thought they were putting on a show cause he was there, but really i think they just really like their life. They go to concerts, they travel, they putter around the house and work 4 days a week. My mom rows crew, my dad plays basketball, they're going to England soon, they have a better social life than i do. It's cool.

Sunday was fun in an entirely different way. It was pouring rain and I was a lazy bum. Except for going to DBQ. I'm starting to get into true senior mode though not too bad. I haven't really worked hard for a while so I'm not tired of it. I just have to get though another 2.5 weeks and I'm fine.

Oh more drama, me and leora had our big housing meeting and we made some key decisions and put together a time frame for making the rest of the desicions which is all I wanted. Mostly we decided that we'd hold off on any major choices until she finished interviewing for the other job she wants, and that we would look for a place that starts in september. Which means I have to take care of the summer, but i'm not that worried about it. I know i can find some place. I felt a lot better after we talked things through, even though a lot of variables are still on the table. I know we'll figure it out soon.

Not to obsess, but the thing with the journalism student just scares the shit out of me. Both the sadisticness of it and the randomness. It makes me never want to live alone and never trust anyone again. The VT thing scares me too, but honestly i have less of an innate horror about being shot then i do about what happened to her.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger free berde said…

    in response to the paragraph about your parents seeming happy these days: mine are the same way. i thought that after my brother left they'd be bored or lonely, but they have picked up new hobbies, gotten back into old ones, started traveling a lot, and just seem really happy. it's kind of frightening, but also really awesome at the same time. and for sure no doubt do they have a better social life than i do =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home