influx

Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's been a week since my last post and I guess a lot has happened, most of it having to do with the men in my life. And graduating. That's a big deal I guess.

Aron is taking the qualifiers as we speak (or as I speak) and here's hoping he passes with flying colors. He's been so stressed out lately (though not nearly as grumpy as he told me he would be) and he find out whether he passes in Ireland which means that i am crossing my fingers and my toes. If he doesn't pass, he doesn't get to do a PhD at columbia. He'll have a masters and he'll be able to find a good job, no problem, but its still a big deal. Neither of us slept my last night. I wasn't going to stay over but then my key fell out of my pocket somewhere between columbia and 94th where i went to dinner with Drew, Adrienne and Chris so I didn't have a lot of choices.

Stoops has been around all this week and I had forgotten how much I missed hanging out with him when he was gone. He belongs here, hanging out with me and then heading over to Taos and then watching south park and then stealing flags with Gabi. I missed him and it was good to see him and I'm going to miss him again. I don't know what else I can say about it. I feel lucky to have spent as much time with him as I did, and its good to know that he's still one of my best friends.

Ireland is going to be amazing. I'm pretty much done packing but my bag is still too heavy. I need to figure out whether i need both guidebooks or a camelback. We have the first 4 or 5 days totally planned and then after that things are a little more flexible. Today I need to do a lot of last minute errands like buying traveller's checks and printing out itineraries, but I'm ready to leave tomorrow at 7. Planning for this trip has been kind of stressful because there's no guidelines at all, other than the fact that we want to do a couple of hikes and I had to make a lot of decisions myself because i've had more time than Aron has. Despite that though, it will be so much fun to be on the road again.

Graduation is at the end of this post for a reason. I'm not sure why i did the ceremonies again. They're pretty boring. I guess I just wanted to be there with my friends. But two years in a row is too much, it loses its meaning. The cliches don't sink in and time drags on. I kept forgetting that I was graduating until someone would be like "we're leaving in a few." My parents came down yesteday and sat through it again and helped me move out before the skies opened up. Move out was actually really smooth and i appreciate them coming down to help me. I don't really feel like i got to say goodbye to anyone because everyone was busy with their families. I hope i see them again.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Gabi said…

    are you back yet?? come tango with me =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home