influx

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Alive again

Ok so I fell off the edge of the world for a while. It's hard to blog from work, especially from a client site. There always feels like there's some one looking over my sholder. And when I stop working for the night, the last thing I want to do is be on my computer. Even when I was in New York, looking for apartments took so much time. It was ridiculous.

So key updates....

I signed a lease Friday!!! I've been looking non-stop for two weeks, one week with Leora and Tracy and then one week with Leora. I think I experiences more emotional ups and downs in those weeks then I had for the proceeding month. No less than 3 times was I convinced I had an apartment only to have it yanked away either by us or by them. I'd leave work early and go running to look at places for hours and then spend hours on the phone with Tracy and Leora. I wish we had communicated more before we started. If we had, we might not have had to back out of a 3 BR on 73rd after we had made a lease signing appointment.

The result is good though. Me and Leora are sharing a 1 BR/ Convertable on 90th between Amsterdam and Columbus. Apparently, right next door to Sasha. =) It's a pretty nice place. The down side is that I'm going to be spending a fair amount of money for a place where I will be staying no more than 12 days a month. It's a little ridiculous.

The job is taking some getting used to. It's hard to be on the road four days a week. I mean I knew that that's what I was signing up for, but the reality is.... interesting. I worry about boring things like how to get out of eating 2 huge meals a day and how to find time to run. I spend so much time trying to sort information and figure out what the hell i'm doing. I have no idea most of the time. It leaves me drained. I feel like I'm in a long distance relationship.

But at the same time, it's exciting. I'll be at this company for 12 weeks total, and if we do a good job, they won't lose their contract and they won't lose shit loads of money. If we don't do a good job.... we have to do a good job. Consultants always have to justify the money the client is spending by doing a ridiculous amount of work and making everything go as well as possible. I guess I'll write more on it later. some of it is confidential.

My life just feels like it's changing so fast, too fast. I'm just trying to hang on for dear life until I have time to think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home