influx

Monday, January 22, 2007

adjusting

I just spent an hour in a class called Pirates, Merchants, and Slaves. The economics of piracy in the 17th and 18th century. Ha! Yeah, my schedule is not very set right now. I'm signed up for 6 classes and i have 12 on my list of possibilities but right now I'm thinking Pirates, French, Global Economy or Social Entrepeneurship (depending on what i get into), Fluids, and Senior Design. All of those should be just fine except for fluids which will suck, but all of the mech E electives suck and I like the guy who's teaching that one.

I'm actually pretty happy with my senior design project. The night I got back elizabeth knocked on my door and said "wanna ditch all our friends and be in a group that's working on putting a wind turbine on the roof of Mudd?" I said yes for a couple reasons. First of all, while I love my engineering friends, the group had no idea what kind of project we wanted to do and everyone had totally different interests. The chance of getting a project that made 6 of us happy was very small. And if elizabeth ditched me, it would be me and 4 guys. So I decided I'd be happier with her and a wind turbine.

This weekend was pretty solid actually. I made a good attempt to see everyone all in a weekend, and I think I did a pretty good job of catching up between the fajitas Friday, the brunch and sugar cookies saturday (seperate events with seperate groups), and the football game sunday. And it kept me busy which is always good. Yesterday was pretty awesome actually. I spent the morning doing laundry, looking for jobs, and generally being productive and then did a pool workout. Pool workouts always make my body feel so good and then i spent the rest of the afternoon baking stuff for the football watching party that i was going to. I love baking when i have plenty of time, but i'm pissed about the patriots. Fuckers.

I've got more serious stuff on my mind too but blogs should be used judiciously.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Gabi said…

    Oh come on, Nicki, you know you like those pretty girls.

    You forgot our awesome Kinga party on Saturday. yay! you're back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home