influx

Sunday, August 26, 2007

So in the last 9 days, I have been pulled over 3 times. I wasn't driving any of those times. Each was with a different person. Before the week, I've never been pulled over or been in the car when the driver was pulled over. Apparently, I've suddenly become very bad luck.

1. My manager on the way to the airport last Thursday = 20 miles over, mandated court date
2. This random guy who drove me up to Wudi in a X4 BMW convertible = 40 miles over, got off with a "passing on the right violation"
3. Aron on the way up to Tanglewood = new york state doesn't tell you the fine amount

I enjoyed this weekend. I had so much fun going to governor's island. I love that place. And Tanglewood was great. Totally worth the drive. And it was so nice to stay over with Carol and David rather than drive back that night.

Oh but some guy was a total asshole. We were lying on a mat together during the concert (me and Aron) and we were talking between pieces and whispering to each other. So this guy turned around and told us to be quiet. So we did and it was fine. But THEN this guy came over during intermission and said "You two think you can keep it down during the second half" and we were like "yes of course" and THEN he says "or go get a hotel room" and walks off. What a jackass! And totally unnecessary. We were having fun and giggling, but we shut up after the first request.

Yeah I think the hardest part about travelling is the pressure it puts on the weekends. If I don't do what I need to do or if things aren't perfect with aron I don't get a chance to fix things until the following weekend. It's like the time I'm in North Carolina is a dead zone in which nothing good can happen. It's a state that can be neutral or negative but never positive. Nothing good happens during the week. Nothing to help my social life, friendships, or relationships. Just things that keep them in a holding pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home