influx

Friday, March 24, 2006

boring

I hate feeling boring. I've been so good this week. Every day I've gone up to Mudd around 9 and stayed until 6 or 7 doing all my work, studying for my midterm and finishing my project. And in exchange, I get to relax in the evening. I'm in control, I'm staying afloat, I'm not failing.

But I'm not fun either. I'm content I guess, and I like being ahead on my work so I don't have to stress out. But I'm so booooring. I wouldn't talk to me if I met me now. I'm glad I'm going to Seattle this summer and I'm glad I'm going to disc golf this weekend. I'm glad for every little thing I manage to do that makes me less intolerably uninteresting and and utterly unoriginal.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger SHA said…

    Nicki, you're one of the most wonderfully interesting people I know. Who else has been to Italy to teach people about farming techniques?? We can't all be interesting all the time, and sometimes it's the boring moments in our lives that put things in perspective.

    Plus, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling old and like 8 hours of sleep a night is a very good thing :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home