influx

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I just got offered a job in Seattle. With an engineering consulting firm. I accepted it, of course. At the beginning of the semester when I was starting to plan out my summer, I asked myself what my ideal job would be and decided it would be an engineering job in Seattle or Portland. Since then I got distracted by companies like KPL and PPL and industries like management consulting, but now I'm back to plan A. I can't get over how things worked out like that. I've never been to Seattle. Or the northwest in general so I can't wait to explore.

I've been in New York so long, for the last two summers and four school years. Its a great city, it really is and I love it. But there's so much else out there, and I'm getting antcy. Time to be hitting the dusty trail and so forth. Also, I have nothing to keep me here. I have no boyfriend, my friends will scatter after graduation, I don't want to go home to MA for the summer, I can play ultimate anywhere. Why not get the hell off of this coast and try another one?

On a similar note, I'm pretty sure I don't want a normal job after graduation whenever that might be. I want an experience along the lines of the Peace Corps. Part of that might be because the way my grades are going, I won't be in a position to get the kind of job I want. But part of it is just plain restlessness and a strong sense that this is my time to adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home